2. Data collection
Energy Quantified may collect and receive personal data in a variety of ways:
- When either you yourself, your employer or a person authorized by your employer request access to our services
- When either you yourself or your employer agrees on using our products and services
- When you contact us with an inquiry or in response to a communication from us
- When you register for an event arranged by us or our partners
- From our cooperation partners
- From any social media account you have contacted us from
All personal information we might process about you is collected in a transparent manner and on a lawfully and fairly basis on any of the following terms:
- You are a customer and we need to contact you about contract related topics ('performance of a contract')
- You are a customer, and we want to send you information about products and services related to those you are currently subscribing to ('legitimate interest')
- You are a trial user, and we want to inform you about the service you are currently testing ('legitimate interest')
- You freely give us your consent to use your data after we have told you how we are going to control your data and how we will contact you
3. Storage and transfer
It may be necessary to transfer data that we collect about you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely. Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not entirely secure and on occasion, such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk. Where you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you have provided them with the information set out in this document and that they have not objected to the uses of their information described in it.
Individuals and enterprises that might use the information we hold about you ('processor of data') might be:
- Provider of software and systems (e.g. Software-as-a-Service) managing customer and contract-related data
- If we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes
- As part of current or future legal proceedings
4. Processing of personal data
Energy Quantified offers professionals products and services that require access to web portals and application programming interfaces (APIs). Due to the nature of our business, the access to our products and services is mainly given on an enterprises level with a defined number of users or licenses. Therefore, the personal data we use might be provided by either you yourself or our contract partner (e.g. your employer). Personal data you yourself or your employer may provide or we hold about you may be used to:
- Providing you access to our web-based platform
- Identify you when and how you use our services
- Identify you when you contact us
- Informing you about improvements and features for products covered by your license
- Carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling
- Personalizing the service for individual customers
- Keep you updated about Energy Quantified in general
We gain insight into user behavior in an anonymous and a personalized way. Anonymous user data is gathered via web analytics and technical web server log files on our publicly available websites and portals. Such log files may contain anonymous information about visitors, including IP addresses, browser type, language, and the times and dates of page visits. We might analyze your individual behavior after you have signed into our service with your username and password according to Energy Quantified's Terms & Conditions.
5. Your rights
You are entitled to access your own personal data. You also have the right to demand that your personal data be corrected if these prove to be incorrect or incomplete.
We keep personal data primarily for identification, e.g. access to our services and products. Personal data is stored no longer than is necessary. Furthermore, you can request from us that we restrict your personal data from any further processing in any of the following events:
- You state that the personal data we hold about you is incorrect
- There is no legal basis for us processing your personal data and you demand that Energy Quantified restricts your personal data from further processing
- Energy Quantified no longer requires your personal data but you claim that you require us to retain such data to claim or exercise legal rights or to defend against third party claims;
- in case you object to the processing of your personal data by Energy Quantified for as long as it is required to review as to whether we have a prevailing interest or legal obligation in processing your personal data
6. Age limitation
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Energy Quantified does not allow use of our services and websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
7. External links
9. Communication with Data Protection Officer
Inquiries concerning processing of personal data may be directed towards firstname.lastname@example.org.